Exciting news was reported yesterday evening by the Wall Street Journal that José Andrés and Costas Spiliadis will both be helming restaurants at Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards when it opens in 2018.
José Andrés is a James Beard Award-winning chef with 15 restaurants in Washington DC, Beverly Hills, Las Vegas, South Beach and Dorado (Puerto Rico). “Tapas will be at the heart of it,” he said.
Costas Spiliadis is a Greek chef who owns a chain of seafood restaurants named Estiatorio Milos with locations in New York, Las Vegas, Miami and elsewhere.
Other tidbits of new information gleaned about Shops and Restaurants include:
- There will be a total of 10 to 12 main dining options within the complex
- The restaurants will have check prices between $50 and $200, and lunch “could run as little as $20”
- There will be six to eight quick-serve restaurants
- Two outposts of Bouchon, Thomas Keller’s bakery and cafe concept
- Neiman Marcus will also have a restaurant within its premises
- Sadly, the WSJ also reports that there will not be any stand-alone bars at Hudson Yards
Hudson Yardies brings you local coverage of News, Food, Events and everything related to NYC’s most exciting new neighborhood, Hudson Yards and beyond. Have a tip or something to share with us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org